To view the IPMI error logs on an IPMI-enabled server (at least in the case of Micron), perform the following:
- Install Openipmi using up2date.
- Ensure the IPMI service is started. On RHEL4, simply run "service ipmi start". On RHEL3, run "/usr/share/ipmitool/ipmi.init.basic start". For some reason, the ipmi.init.redhat init script doesn't work.
- To view the event logs, run "ipmitool sel elist". Note these results can be piped through tail, etc.
- To clear the event logs, run "ipmitool sel clear".
- To reset the warning indicator on the chassis (again, at least in the case of Micron), run "ipmitool mc clear warn".